MON AUG, 8
HRS WORKED: 10
Wake Up @ 1pm | Slept 8 Hrs
Write in Bed @ 1pm - 3pm
Walk to Roasted Coffee Shop
Code for Blog & Startup @ 4pm - 8pm
It reads, "Please for the love of god do not flush this toilet!" If I get 100 subscribers I'll do it!
Walk Around and Take Pictures
Walk to La Pizzeria
Read on Balcony
I got the same slices and ate in the same spot as yesterday while I read. I like consistency despite constantly being on the move.
We have a limited amount of willpower each day so I try not to spend too much energy on short-term decisions.
Code & Brainstorm @ 10pm - 11pm
Run 5 Miles on University Track
While running I listened to the “Fountain of Youth" episode from the TedTalk Podcast.
My favorite lessons:
- The societies with the longest living people eat a lot of beans!
- Those same societies also do a lot of walking and revere their elders.
- Scientists took worms, which had an average life expectancy of 18 days, and through genetic engineering got them to live in good health until 456. They are seeing similar results with flies and mice.
- Scientists believe Parkinson Disease will be cured in the next 5 years and age-related diseases like Alzheimer's in 25 years.
- What if you could reduce your baby's chances of illness pre-birth by checking a box on a piece of paper? What if further down that page you could also check a box for such things as, good looks, high intelligence, fast runner, etc? Well in the next 100 years, for better or worse, those genetics might be options.
Write @ 1am - 4am
Sleep @ 5am