Hello Fellow Go-Getter,
I hope you enjoy these 7 thoughts prancing around my head this week:
1. I feel terrible if I don't feel productive
. If I drown out the pain with instant-gratification, it makes things worse. I get back on track by clarifying my vision
and taking baby steps.
2. I climbed to the top of a mountain in dress pants. I thought I was the least prepared for the hike until I was passed by an elderly muslim woman in a burka. I thought, I have no business complaining because there is always someone whose faced greater obstacles and yet have climbed to greater heights.
3. I just need to focus on getting 1,000 true fans. This seems possible considering there are 6.3 billion people on the planet. 1,000 true fans means I can comfortably continue my digital nomad lifestyle.
4. I got breakfast with fellow digital nomads. It was comforting to meet other people on a similar journey because before I got started I didn’t personally know a single person doing anything remotely like me. The more real I make a dream the more confident I can chase it.
5. The first Super Bowl I ever watched was in 2001, which was Tom Brady’s first Super Bowl appearance. I rooted for him in this week's Super Bowl because he serves as a strong anchor to my childhood. I feel like whenever an iconic person dies or retires (Robin Williams, Michael Jackson, Derek Jeter) it's like a little piece of my childhood is lost.
6. I arrived to Chiang Mai, Thailand without having a place booked. I spent the first few nights in a hostel and then walked around the city to get price checks on apartments. I got a good deal because people don’t normally do what I do, which is another reason why in life it's better to take the path less traveled becuse there are cheaper hotels on it ;]
7. All welfare should be replaced with a guaranteed income. The “guaranteed income” is an inevitability as technology continues to wipe out jobs. The question will then become… how much $$$ will you get and under what conditions? I think the amount should be just enough to eliminate poverty and the condition should be 2 years of National Service (military, peace corps, etc) to qualify. I’m a strong believer in the American work ethic, which is why I want to keep the guaranteed income just low enough to still incentivize work while also empowering people of all ages to be able to take the necessary time off to build the skills required in a 21st century economy.
Thanks for reading! If you liked this newsletter please share it with your favorite people.
Live the Dream,
P.S. Pic is of me awkwardly standing outside the Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.