Where are you on the "inspiration scale"?
This is the frequency in which you feel inspired on a daily basis - I didn't make this up.
In my opinion this scale is far more important than the weight scale, but I digress...
According to researchers Todd Thrash and Andrew Elliot, those who are MORE WILLING to experience inspiration are MORE LIKELY to experience it.
BUT WHY GET INSPIRED?!
• Greater Focus
In capitalism - "negativity sells."
I'm currently in Bangkok, and you can see firsthand how capitalism has lifted millions of people out of poverty.
But at the same time you can see the traffic congestion, smog, prostitution, billboards of beautiful models holding knock-off coca-cola bottles.
You must fight the good fight by surrounding yourself with inspiration so you can be reminded of what truly matters!
• Greater Productivity
I'm more productive when I'm inspired because it's funnier and easier to enter "flow" state according to the research
HOW CAN YOU GET INSPIRED DAILY?
START 30 DAY CHALLENGE
Absorb 20 min of Inspiration Daily (i.e. read, watch, listen
• I get inspired by documentaries about people who are passionate about a skill or trade, like in, Iris, Dreams of Sushi, I'm Not Your Guru.
• While working or cleaning, I'll sometimes play a favorite song or inspirational talk on repeat.
START GOAL CHALLENGE
Save 100 Inspiring Things by XX/XX/XXXX
• Post-It Notes with Quotes, Goals, Values, etc...
"People often say that inspiration doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily." - Zig Ziglar
• Save an inspirational image as your screen saver or background.
• Décor. Maybe clear out some of the junk before making room for more inspiration.
• Save Inspirational Music & Speeches.